Wednesday, September 8, 2010

She Spartan Skateboards by the Seashore!





Hey, I finally fulfilled another component of my master plan and got some skateboard designs done. GREEK skateboards, at that! These designs were completed and produced a while ago, but I'd been saving up posting about them until I could get my rebranding taken care of. Now that BeastPop has been launched, I can share these with you.

These were done for Goodbie Skateboards over in Greece, and being 1/4 Greek myself, I jumped at the opportunity. I had a lot of fun with these, and I wish I'd had more time to work on them. The job was a bit rushed and I had a lot going on at the time, but I am definitely up for doing more of these, and I hope to have more time to devote to it next time around.



As you can see, the final color choices are very different from my original designs and the placement was adjusted as well. That's one of those things that is just out of the artist's hands once he turns in the artwork, and I can't fault them for changing their mind (I just wish I'd been able to be the one to make the changes, as the end result seems to have a few awkward choices in the coloring).





I'm not sure how well the company is doing right now, as the economy over in Greece seems to be in very dire straits, but I hope these designs did well for them. I don't believe they are available over here in the states, but you can check out Color Skates for more Greek skate goodness.



Anyway, I'm all aboard doing more skate deck designs, so if anybody out there works for such a company, or knows someone who does, please point them in my direction.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback you feel like leaving, but be kind and considerate! Don't rattle the cages!