Wednesday, November 16, 2011

HALLOWEIRDO: "THE HOVERING SPENK"




This posting is a bit late, but I was recently invited by J. Chris Campbell and the fellows at Wide Awake Press to contribute to this year's Halloweirdos blog, where different artist provide Halloween-spirited artwork. I decided to work up one of my old Beast du Jour sketches and give it a polish and a fresh coat of paint. He's called "The Hovering Spenk", and he's a very mischievous alien from a planet where intelligent life evolved from pumpkins. His low-grade telekinesis enables him to hover around about two feet off the ground.

This was a lot of fun to work on, and I'm going to be taking a few more of my sketchbook beasties to final illustration stage very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback you feel like leaving, but be kind and considerate! Don't rattle the cages!