Wednesday, August 22, 2012

SLAPS, IT'S ADVENTURE TIME!!

I discovered the brilliantly-twisted cartoon ADVENTURE TIME a couple months ago, and I can't remember the last time a cartoon has come along and fascinated and entertained me like this. It's just chock full of surrealist humour mixed with adventure and pure imagination and joy. I heard about an ADVENTURE TIME t-shirt design contest going on, so I thought I'd try my hand at working on a couple of ADVENTURE TIME designs and see if any of them might be worth submitting. I am having a ball working on this so far, and giving the characters my own tweaked interpretations. The scene, in case you're unfamiliar with the show, depicts the two heroes, Finn (the human) and Jake (the magical dog) doing battle with the wicked Ice King to rescue Princess Bubblegum. The show takes place in some surreal post-apocalyptic world populated by candy-people and strange beasts and creatures. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback you feel like leaving, but be kind and considerate! Don't rattle the cages!