Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CLASSIC ARCADE revised!

Here's an update on my reworking of my CLASSIC ARCADE design. Substituted a gorilla skeleton for the T-Rex. Fits with my branding and the arcade theme.

As I said in the previous post, keeping the T-Rex skeleton in there just didn't seem to be working. I needed something that would more closely tie with the theme, yet still call back to the original iconic image this design is based on. Keeping the skeletal silhouette seemed to be essential, and using a gorilla skeleton should have been obvious to me from the get-go. It's only my chosen mascot animal, and it ties into the "Classic Arcade" theme through the fact that one of the most famous foundational arcade characters was a big ol' gorilla -- I'm talkin' about Donkey Kong! I feel foolish that this did not occur to me immediately!

New hotness...


Old and busted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback you feel like leaving, but be kind and considerate! Don't rattle the cages!