Friday, September 3, 2010

Frankenstein in the rough...





I recently finished working on a t-shirt for super-cool horror film-based shirt company Fright Rags. They acquired the license to do shirts based on Famous Monsters of Filmland, and I was assigned the very welcome task of designing a Frankenstein's Monster shirt. I can't show the final design yet, but I'll go ahead and post some of the concept roughs that weren't used. I was instructed to steer clear of the traditional Boris Karloff imagery popularized by the James Whale's Universal movie

and stick closer to the beast as he's described in the original Mary Shelley novel (and check out the Bernie Wrightson-illustrated version for some truly spectacular and mind-blowing pen and ink illustrations). More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback you feel like leaving, but be kind and considerate! Don't rattle the cages!