Saturday, September 11, 2010

ZOMBAMA RETURNS FROM THE GRAVE!!


A year and a half or so ago, I did a design parodying Shepard Fairey's Obama "Hope" poster and his "style" of art recycling. The result was Zombie Obama, more affectionately known as "Zombama", and he became quite popular, making the rounds of various websites, blogs and news sites, becoming TeeFury's most popular selling design at the time, and spawning two more rounds of shirt reprints, which I still get requests for to this day. He also became heavily bootlegged, being ripped off and sold by street vendors in New York City, shirt manufacturers in the Phillipines, graphic "artists", and comic book companies.

I was recently contacted by TeeFury concerning the possibility of doing a reprint of this shirt, and I had to jump at the opportunity. I still get a steady trickle of emails from folks asking about how to get a hold of this shirt, so now's your chance! Well, not NOW, but soon...

I figured I should tweak the design a bit since I usually see room for improvement the day after I'm done with a design. This would give the folks who did get a hold of the shirt the first couple times around a sense that they got something limited and rare, plus added incentive to buy it again, too! Genius! So, I further decayed his face and added some weathering effects to the design to bolster that grungy, undead feel.

Anyway, this should be available for sale over at TeeFury soon. I will post another update as soon as I know something more concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback you feel like leaving, but be kind and considerate! Don't rattle the cages!